Friday, January 26, 2007

eBay sucks

What the hell happened to this place?!

I go away for a year or two (or three) and suddenly I can't sell squat. I know I don't have the most quality goods around (some magazines, a hat - both collectible) but I put these things up at bargain basement prices and I can't get so much as a bid.

Has eBay sold out?

Methinks this is the case. I don't see normal people selling things anymore; it's all "shops" and people who do it as a business and have the whole thing automated and templatized. That's not how eBay is supposed to work.

I thought the idea was that it would be a grand flea market, a kind of auction house for and by us common folks. Somewhere along the line, eBay became just another sales channel (but specialized for retailers who like to work in pajamas instead of at a store).

And that sucks. Nobody wants to bother with auctions anymore and the little guy can't compete on price. Thus, my junk doesn't sell. Thus, my junk clutters my apartment. Thus, I cannot move.

eBay, you broke my heart. And my wallet.

Goodbye.

No comments: