Monday, January 22, 2007

Conference Room Envy

Occasionally, during the course of my job, I get to travel to new and exotic locales in Pennsylvania. These are always office parks.

And within these office parks are offices, some of which I will visit.

And within these offices, I will probably see a handful of rooms, only one of which I will actually get to spend any time in: The Conference Room.

Today, I was in a nice one. Automatic screen, big oak table, nice comfy chairs and big windows to the outside world (i.e. some trees in a parking lot).

It was much nicer than the one at our office and I found myself daydreaming about spending all of my time in this den of business leisure. I wondered if I could live a whole year in just this one room - eating, sleeping, delivering powerpoint presentations on nothing.

Eventually, I was forced to leave the conference room. But it will always haunt my dreams.

No comments: