Saturday, December 09, 2006

"Back of the baseball card"

I want to start a new phrase. Well, it's not really a new phrase, but I want to start using it metaphorically and hopefully, it will catch on with the masses.

"Back of the baseball card"

I know not everyone collected baseball cards as a kid, but I think most understand that the back of the baseball card was a repository of all the player's stats. It was basically a quick glance at the what the player had done in the last few years.

Why can't we use this phrase in everyday life? So instead of saying, "Give me the rundown on him" or "What's the 411?", you can now say, "Give the back of the baseball card version" or "Just back of the baseball card it for me, ok?"

Doesn't that just sound cool?

Ok, ok, I know it has a lot of syllables and the whole thing jumbles together when said aloud, but you have to admit, it's got pizzazz.

And, sometimes, pizzazz is the only thing that matters.

No comments: